Thursday, April 29, 2010

Nadiya's Christmas Gift

We draw names for all the kiddos and set a budget.  My budget was $20.  Since I live in a world of nothing but boys I always jump at the chance to make something girly.  Yea for GIRLS!!  I set off to make my niece, Nadiya, something for her room.    Colors are hot pink and brown.  A friend of mine made cork boards for her daughters room and that had me inspired.  I looked and looked in Michaels and just wasn't feeling it.  Have you ever had one of those days where nothing is inspiring to you?  After round 3 of walking each isle I stopped at the 12x12 scrapbook frames.  Hmmm, I can buy cork in 12x12 sheets!  Hmmm, those Gerber Daisies are on sale!!(or so I thought)  I used my 50% off coupon for the cork, bought pink and brown ribbon, bought some paint and the pink daisies to border the frame.  I ended up taking the daisies back because they were not on sale and found a pink Hawaiian lay necklace that was hot pink for $3 and bought that instead.  I cut the string to the necklace and pulled the flowers off.  I painted the frame chocolate brown and hot glued the flowers on it.  Placed a shiny stud in the middle of the flowers and braided the ribbon together so she could hang it on her wall.  Plus, I hot glued her name on the cork.  I will try to get a better shot but this hopefully gives you the idea.

No comments: