Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day Box

This is my son's Valentine's day box for school.  He came up with the idea, and the only I helped with was the soccer nets.  I used embroidery yarn, Mod Podge, wax paper, q-tips and a lot of patience.  :D

There is so much you can use this stuff for!!
 
The string.  
Drag our string threw some Mod Podge on a plate.  You can use Elmer's glue as well.  Get it goopy.



Use the wax paper to lay it on to form you design.  It is easy to peel off the wax paper.
Once Mod Podge is dry peel off your design.  This is the soccer goal net.
I hot glued it to Q-tip sticks and cut off the access.  I painted them silver.

I actually had grass paper, so he used that.  Not sure why he picked the other paper, but who am I to hinder creativity.  I say go for it, even though it makes no sense to me. 

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so, so cute! How fun!

Kelsey said...

Kelly! I didn't know you had a blog! I'm so glad I found it :) It's nice to see what you're up to!

-Kelsey @ Tattered and Inked

The Creative Chickadee said...

Haha Kelsey. Ya, I finally got up the nerve last year some time. Makes me craft. Glad you found me or realized I have one and have stalked you for awhile now. ;)