Monday, August 15, 2011

TATTERED AND INKED GUEST BLOGGER TODAY!!!!




Hello all you Creative Chickadee readers!!
I'm so excited to be here today!
My name is Kelsey and my little piece of blogworld is called Tattered and Inked.
I'm a craft blogger and am addicted to furniture redos, free printables and spraypaint :)
I was so excited when Kelly asked me to guest post and I thought I'd show you a recent furniture makeover I did.
I found this awesome beauty at our local Goodwill for 25$.
It was solid, had good lines and was a great size!

The top had quite a bit of wear on it, but not too much damage so I just gave it a good sanding to bring it back to life a little.


I painted the base in my new favorite color: Pottery Barn Cream

and after several coats, I gave it a good distressing with my sander.

I love the look of the dark wood underneath, so this piece got a good bit of distressing.

It really gave it a lot of character.

I painted the top in a creamy espresso brown to give it a two-tone look.

Since the top of the table was just MDF, no grain would have come out if I had stained it,

which is why I decided to paint it instead.

I love the creamy brown against the white.

It had a great drawer on it and I kept the original hardware.


I also made sure to give it several coats of clear gloss to help protect it against youngsters and drinks :)

I actually ended up putting this piece up for sale and I'm hoping it's new owners love it.

Much better, huh?

It's amazing what a little paint can do :)

I'd love for you to come and visit me over at Tattered and Inked!

You can also join the fun with me on Facebook where I post sneak peeks and other fun blog finds I come across!!

Here's a peek at some of my other past projects:







Hope to see you soon!

And thank you so much, Kelly, for having me!!

post signature

No comments: