Thursday, September 2, 2010

Name Tag Zipper Pull

I thought my oldest was too old to get his back pack embroidered with his name on it so I came up with this zipper pull.  I used our old pool passes from last summer, mod podge, scrap paper, and an image of a saxophone player from online.


I put Mod Podge on the entire thing before putting down paper.
A second layer of paper and his name went down.  Mod Podged over both layers.

He will be playing sax this year so I cut this clip art out and layered it with black.


Drilled a new hole and used a key ring to put it on his bag.  Hopefully it's cooler than embroidery.  ; )





I am linking to this Party

6 comments:

silly eagle books said...

This is such a creative idea--I love how you reused the old pool passes--they are the perfect size! And such a grown up way to put your son's name on his backpack!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your kind comments!

Doreen said...

I love repurposing items! Great blog!

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

This is such a cute idea!! Thanks for sharing, and THANK YOU for the kind comments on my blog!! You're so sweet!

~Alison

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

This is such a creative idea. I think I will make something like this for my golf bag.

The Creative Chickadee said...

Yea. Glad you all like it. You will have to let me know if you make one for your golf bag Sherry.

Aqsa Rao said...

Nice blog.......
Pull Up banner