Saturday, December 4, 2010

December 4th-Mantel Idea


My friend Charity emailed me her mantel this morning.  The picture looked better on my computer than it uploaded.  I'm in love with everything about it.  It makes me want to redo mine even though she helped me with mine and I love mine. I wanted to highlight the frame with vases in front.

This is how she made this little section of her mantel look amazing!!! 
 

(Old frame, scraps of ribbon, old ornaments, and random pieces of greenery and flowers.  It's just hot glued onto the frame and leaning against the wall.  I think it makes such a pretty backdrop.  I backed this one with burlap, but without the burlap it could be hung on a door as a wreath, or even mounted on the wall somewhere. 
So, that's my easy and cheap holiday decor idea.)

Thanks for sharing Charity!!  Hope this inspires you some more to get creative with what you have already in the house or the years of holiday decor stored in the attic.  Pull it out and get busy!!

Kelly

1 comment:

Charity said...

Well, it is easier to do a mantel when you aren't working around a flat screen :) Your's turned out great, though....I can't wait for you to post some pics.